We strongly recommend you obtain a referral from your GP or specialist prior to making an appointment with us.
A referral is important for many reasons:
- It helps us to determine the urgency of your appointment. We prioritise referrals to ensure any urgent problems are assessed promptly, and all patients are seen in a timely manner.
- It ensures that the cardiologist you are seeing is appropriate for your condition and for us to determine if any tests are required prior to your appointment.
- It provides us with your medical history - we need to be aware of any health problems or medications which may influence your diagnosis and treatment.
- It ensures that your referring doctor will receive a detailed letter or report following your appointment, allowing them to better manage your health care.
- Medicare states that to receive your full rebate for a consultation or test, you must have a current referral to your specialist.