Queensland Cardiovascular Group offers a medically supervised, home-based cardiac management service to help patients reach optimal health when at risk of, or living with, heart disease. Our scientifically validated solution uses our smartphone app, QCG Care, as your smart care companion while on your cardiac journey. QCG Care will connect you with your cardiac team i.e. GP's, Nurses and Cardiologists with a visit to one of our Cardiologist, where a specific program will be designed for you. QCG offers at any stage our Cardiac Nurses support over the phone, on a designated number, during the business hours and number listed below.
Our app has been demonstrated to increase uptake, adherence and completion rates, which means better management outcomes for our patients.
|Monday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 4:00pm|
Our app is NOT a continuously monitored site: if you are experiencing chest pain, please call 000.
International research has confirmed that completing cardiac rehabilitation can reduce the chance of another hospital visit for a cardiac complaint by 50%.
Products and Features you get within our QCG Care App:
- Clinical reviews and a dedicated phone number to contact QCG's Cardiac Nurses.
- Clinical indicators i.e. blood pressure, step count, medication lists and more that will transmit your recordings to your clinical team.
- Your own Personalised Activity Schedule programmed to improve your cardiac health and record details of your exercise sessions.
- Learn about your condition, heart health or have your recovery questions from a cardiac surgery answered with your own library of relevant education material and videos.
- Manage stress with guided relaxation audio.
- Stay on track with regular motivational and educational messages.
- Manage your medications by adding them into your personalised schedule. You will receive reminders that prompts you to take your medications.
- Ask your doctor or contact our cardiac nurses using our Quick form or phone 07 3016 1168 to enquire on how to start using the app or to set-up an initial consultation with one of our Cardiologists to get you started OR follow our set-by-step download process below.
- In your consultation with our cardiac nurse, create your personalised management plan.
- Once you are eligible, download QCG Care to your smart phone and follow the instrcutions listed in your brochure pack.
- Take an active role in your plan and take charge of the choices, lifestyle and habits that affect your heart health.
- Call 000 if you experience chest pain, new or worsening symptoms.
Step 1 | Download the App
Go into the Apple App Store, or Google Play. In the Search field, type 'QCG Care', then click 'INSTALL'.
Step 2 | Register
Open the app on your smart device, and select 'Register'.
Tap the box 'I agree to the above' when you understand the Terms and Conditions and then tap 'Continue'. Enter your name, gender, and date of birth and tap 'Next'.
Step 3 | Log In
Check your mobile phone number is correct and then enter the provider site name (provided by our Cardiac Nurse or Staff). Then tap 'Register'.
We will then send you a text message with an SMS verification code. Enter the SMS code, then tap 'Verify Code'.
Allow Notifications within the App to receive reminders. You and your clinican can now use the App.
Read our Patient FAQ's & Information Booklet to hopefully find the answer to some commonly asked questions.
The answer to my question isn't here!
Sorry about that. Contact us with your question and we'll be in touch as quickly as we can.
How can I provide feedback?
Use the form on the contact page. We will appreciate your considered feedback, criticism or even praise.