Please read this statement carefully
Queensland Cardiovascular Group is committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information it obtains about individuals and recognises that it must abide with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We require your consent to collect personal information about you. Please read the below carefully.
Queensland Cardiovascular Group collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. This means we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running a specialist medical practice, including pre-operative and post-operative calls using phone numbers and names you provide us, as well as hospital interaction for booking surgical services.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
- Disclosure for research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management.
- Emergency situations whereby medical officers/hospitals require access to patient notes for treatment purposes.
- I have read the information above and understand the reasons why my information must be collected.
- I understand that I am not obliged to provide any information requested but failure to do so might compromise the quality of health and treatment provided to me.
- I am aware of my right to access the information collected about me, except in circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld.
- I understand I will be given an explanation in these circumstances.
- I understand that if my information is to be used for any other purpose other than that set out above, my further consent will be obtained.
- I consent to the handling of my information by this practice for the purpose set out above, subject to any limitations on access or disclosure that I notify this practice of.
- I understand that my personal information may go offshore, if I select email as a preferred mode of contact.
Due to the privacy laws, results cannot be given to a third party unless written authorization is obtained or under special circumstances.